Monday, January 25, 2010

On a very blustery day

So today has been a fairly good day. The weekend was good, and I ended up getting quite a bit done. I feel I'm doing well on weight loss plan. I've lost a total of 6 pounds since I started in November, and that's with taking a month off in December. I did only work out once last week, but that is because I was feeling like crap all week. So I got a lot done this weekend and I'm feeling better today, so I am going to go work out tonight. Now I am just debating on weather or not to eat dinner here at work and eat a little Lean Cuisine thing that I have here in the freezer or wait and eat dinner at home, and fix what I was going to fix in the first place. It's healthier for me to eat earlier, but at the same time I feel bad because when I eat early then I don't make anything for Chris. So he has to fend for himself. But I'll figure it out. I have switched to Organic Milk and I can't believe the difference! It tastes so much better, and it IS so much better for you! My sister told me what all they put into milk that isn't organic and I was just blown away. They put a ton of hormones in the cows so they produce more milk, and then I also heard that the non organic milk is a small percentage of puss and blood. Mmmm...yummy just what I've always wanted. So I think I"m going to slowly switch to more organic foods and stuff. It is just so much better for you. Yeah it may be a little bit more expensive but it is worth it. I mean some of it really does effect your health. I have already been buying chicken that is free feed and hormone and pesticide free. I don't know what the specific term is, but anyways I've been buying that, but haven't eaten it in a while. It is on the menu this week so it will get eaten, and I feel that it tastes better, and looks better, but that may just be a placebo effect. Anyways I just feel healthier and happier when I know what I'm putting into my body is natural and good for me.

The other day I had an egg mcmuffin from McDonald's just because I wanted the egg, and I was running too late to make breakfast so I stopped there on the way to work got and egg mcmuffin. Got to work and took the ham off, and scraped as much of the cheese off of the egg, and ate the egg and the english muffin. Well I was only able to eat a little bit of the sandwhich because even though it was just mostly egg it was still really greasy, needless to say it was disgusting! For not have eaten fast food in over two weeks and then going and having that I felt sick. Its amazing what our bodies get used to when we just pile that stuff on. No wonder our country is overweight. When you finally make the change you realize what a disservice you were doing to your body before. It's amazing. I love feeling healthy and knowing what I am putting into my body.

Good news on my workouts...I am now running at 5.5 for a good 3 to 4 min now! I'm so proud of myself and its only going to get easier. I'm almost getting a high from working out. I feel so good afterwards that now when I don't go to the gym on my nights that I'm supposed to go I feel really guilty. So I guess that's a good thing.

The only thing I'm battling now is being hungry just a few hours after my lunch, even though I've already had a snack. Just something to get used to I guess. I have to train my stomach to not be hungry all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment